Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Hiding and Planning

Today I am hiding
Hiding from an old friend that is in town to see her family.
I have not seen her since I was a size 8.(loooong time ago!)
We keep in touch through facebook, but of course I only have cute headshots on facebook!
She still looks like she did twenty years ago.
I know, I know...it's what's inside that matters.
I know that. I really do. And it is true.
It would just be uncomfortable.
I feel bad about it though. ugh.

On a brighter note :)
I have started my meal planning. I have decided on sticking around 1600 calories per day. I am making a list of my favorite foods and their calories so I can easily pick and choose.
Do you all keep a daily food journal? Does that work for you?
Have a great day!

5 comments:

MaryFran said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MaryFran said...

I absolutly keep a food journal. Number one, it's too easy to forget what I eat and thus lose track. Secondly, and probably most important; the act of actually writing down my food in black and white (or online or wherever I chose to do so at the moment)really is sobering. It may be a heck of a lot of fun to eat a large order of french fries and then follow it up with a honkin' big milkshake.....but let me tell you, when I realize that I have to write it down, that puts a halt to my 'grand time'.

WWSuzi said...

I have to admit that i do keep a food journal. It does keep me in check most of the time!

Reese said...

I have never been good at the food journaling thing, but I think I am going to give it another try. Thanks girls for the encouragement! :)

*Tracy* said...

awww dont hide from your friend! lol i no how it is, i wanna hide if i see someone from years ago and i look so different, but guess what everyone changes, we cant all stay the same :) 1600 calories sounds good, your gonna just have to work with your plan and see whats good for you. hugs