Sunday, March 21, 2010

Sabotage

I am not telling my family about my weight loss blog. It's not that I don't love them, or that they don't love me. We have lots of that going on, but for reasons that I may never understand...they always seem to sabotage my efforts at weight loss.

Last month for instance I told my mom on a Sunday that I was going to start a new weight loss plan (how many times have I said those words? many times!)

mom: "oh, when are you starting?"
me: "Now, today".
mom: "Good for you, I know you can do this!"
me: "Yep. Nothing is going to stop me this time."

Hmmmm...I wonder why it is that the very next morning she showed up at my house with a venti iced white chocolate mocha w/ whip? (that happens to be my favorite by the way)

mom: "I thought you might want one last coffee before you start"
me: "Thanks"

And you know what? I drank that coffee and felt horrible about myself. I know that I could have said no or dumped it down the sink, but I didn't.
It is not her fault nor was it her choice that I decided to drink it, it was mine. I blame no one else except for myself that I am overweight.

But, still!! When the people that I love find out that I am on a diet it is like they TRY to feed me! How weird is that? and why??

So, that is why I am keeping my blog and my weight loss to myself for now. This is my "sabotage free" zone! :)

2 comments:

*Tracy* said...

came across your blog so wanted to say hi! good luck on loosing weight, i no how it feels to have not a good support system at home!

Reese said...

Thank you for stopping by, Tracy! :)