Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Choices

I took my kids to the movies yesterday. We went to see "How to train your dragon". As we were crossing the road to the movie theater I could smell the popcorn in the air. In the past when we would go to the movies I would get a lemonade, popcorn with butter and chocolate covered peanuts. I was rationalizing all over the place with myself why I should be able to get all of that....I did an hour of zumba, I would eat a really lite dinner, I hardly ever go to the movies...Yep...I am the queen of rationalization.


Then I stopped and thought- this is what I have been doing for years and if I don't stop NOTHING is going to change! I am not going to change. This was my choice.

In the end I was happy with my choice of an iced water and a kids size bag of popcorn with no butter. I didn't totally deprive myself, but I also didn't go overboard. It felt really good to pass by my old favorites and to know that I am changing. It sure is slow, but it's happening! :)

3 comments:

*Tracy* said...

yay 2 pd loss! good for you and good choices at the movies. was the movie any good? hugs

Reese said...

Thanks, Tracy. I thought the movie was really good. We just saw the 2-D version, so I bet the 3-D version is even better! :)

MaryFran said...

WOOOO HOOOOO!!! You rock!!!!!! You heard those pesky voices in your head and you beat them at their own game!!!! WOOO HOOO!!!