Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Out of Hiding

I ended up seeing my old friend that is visiting her family. It was a little uncomfortable for about the first minute (just in my mind I am sure!), but after that it was just like old times. In fact we are getting together again, but with our husbands, tomorrow night for dinner.

I can't believe that I was going to let my insecurities about my size get in the way of being blessed with a visit from a friend. But, that is just one more reason why I am dedicated to losing this weight.

It was such a beautiful day today and instead of going to the gym I decided to go on a walk. I have no idea exactly how far I walked, but I do know that by the time I turned around to head back to the car...I was exhausted! (Seattle is quite hilly!!) HA! I wasn't sure if I was going to make it. But, I did. My legs still feel a bit wobbly.

This morning I had the best breakfast at Starbuck's for 280 calories. The feta-spinach wrap.
I have to figure out how to make these at home! Yum.
















*pic from starbucks website*

Thank you to everyone that has visited and/or commented on my blog. It has really been an encouragement to me and I appreciate you all so much! Thank you! :)

2 comments:

Loving my Complicated Life! said...

Congrats for seeing your friend. That is the way to defeat the self confidence! Way to Go!

Allison

MaryFran said...

Yay for stepping out of your comfort zone and going to visit with your friend. What a blessing!


I think if we looked deeply at ourselves, we would find that there is a whole lot of things that we don't do because we let our weight and lack of self confidence because of the excess weight hold us down!