Saturday, March 27, 2010

My Zumba Experience

pic from mainebusiness

Yesterday, I decided to try Zumba. It is the big craze around here right now. Signs up around town for zumba classes in churches, senior centers, gyms, etc... so I had to see for myself what it was all about!

When I got to the gym I found my way to the room (the room of many mirrors! yikes) and found myself a spot in the back corner. I was feeling a little nervous when I saw how many very "fit" people were filing into the class. Hmmmm...should I make a run for it? No, I stayed.

The instructor asked if anyone was new and a few of raised our hands. She said that if we lost track of the moves- just dance. OK. I can do that!

The music was awesome! It was fun! I loved it. Very upbeat and just made me feel like moving. The moves were as difficult as you wanted them to be. Some people were doing a more intense dance and some more mild.

The best part is that I felt totally comfortable there, well, not so comfortable that I would want to be in the front of class! HA! But, definitely comfortable enough to go back!

After the hour was up I was a sweaty mess, so I know it was an effective workout. But, I do notice today that I am not "feeling it" like I do in my strength/aerobic workouts. I need to look up and find out how many calories I burned.



I am sure this may be old news to some, but I found these at the grocery store yesterday. They are only 110 calories each!!! I am a bagel lover so this was a happy find for me. I spread a little cream cheese on mine and then topped with a bunch of veggies! It made a great lunch.


Hope you all have a great weekend! :)

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I saw those at the grocery store, but they were sold out of the wheat. They're on my list for next time I shop.

Zumba sounds like fun. I'm not too into classes though, which really is a shame.

MaryFran said...

I have a friend that swears by Zumba.....she's been trying to get me to go. I'm just not sure though....I have arthritis pretty bad in my knees so I'm not sure. :-)

Good for you for trying it out!!!