Monday, April 12, 2010

And the Scale Said...

Down 1.6 pounds!! I just round to the closest number on my ticker, so I will go with 1.5. WoooHooo! I am a happy loser today :) I am not really noticing a difference in the way my clothes fit or anything like that yet, but I am FEELING better than I have in a long, long time. That is worth everything to me.



I also had my meeting with a trainer at the gym. She was very motivating and she had a weight loss story to share that really inspired me. We went through all of the machines so she could show me how to use them correctly and then she introduced me to the machine that I used for about a minute and almost  died   elliptical. I have actually used it before, but did not do well. For some reason it is just so darn hard for me to use that thing!! So, for now I will be doing the treadmill with intervals of running. She also suggested that I try to fit a yoga class into my week. We walked by the pool and while I know the exercises would be great for me...I do not even own a swim suit right now and I really do not feel like wearing one. I'll think about revisiting that thought next month! :)



After all of that I decided that my favorite workout is still to just take a walk outside in the fresh air. I love it. What is your favorite workout?

8 comments:

Marion said...

Just found your blog! We can do this together sharing ideas! Walking is my favorite exercise by far with swimming a close second. I must say that in the pool its not as hard to haul my weight around. Keep it up! Murn!

Randi said...

My favorite exercise is walking and that is slowly morphing into runnning as I am making my way through c25k

Seth said...

One of my favorites is to run outside. I love being outdoors and my love for running has just come to me this year. keep up the good work and darn those ellipticals.

MaryFran said...

My husband calls the elliptical the "instrument of death" and refuses to get on it!

MaryFran said...

Oops...forgot the most important thing!


YAY for the weight loss!

karen said...

Super loss, lady!!! Way to go!!!

I also love walking most but I'm learning to not hate my recumbent hybrid (it's half upright/half recumbent bike ... so basically it's seat is at an angle rather than being straight up or flat).

Oh, and expect quite a few more playlists to be posted over the next week or so! I'm expecting a new laptop in the next week and a half or so and I'm trying to get my massive amount of tunes organized "just right" so they're easier to transfer. I take genre requests, too :)

Oh ... and do you do twitter?

WWSuzi said...

:) Nice loss!!

William Hanson said...

Congrats on the loss... that's great. Keep it up!!!