Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Number Two is my Favorite

Here are 15 reasons why I am enjoying living a healthier lifestyle, in response to a challenge from Seth over at FITWITHAPURPOSE .

1. I'm setting a healthy example for my kids.
2. I have more energy.
3. I enjoy going to the gym.
4. I don't feel puffy
5. I'm excited to be free from high blood pressure meds
6. Watching my husband lose weight just from the lower calorie foods I'm serving
7. The Can-Do attitude that I have been sporting lately :)
8. Walking up the stairs at school is getting easier
9. I have goals
10. I have found this supportive, inspirational blogging community
11. I am not beating myself up about my weight, because instead I am doing something about it!
12. I'm seeing results on the scale
13. I am trying new things and that is fun!
14. I have been praying more.
15. I am happy.

I'm sure as time goes by there will be tons more reasons. What is there not to love about being healthy? I can't think of a single thing!

I have heard so much about the success of tracking my daily food/calories and with every past diet I have started to do it, but then I would quit. Since this time is different, I am just writing down the calories and not the food to make it extra simple.



I was just keeping track in my head, but I think this will work much better!

Have a great day! :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Great list! :)

Writing down your intake helps! I know it helps me with weight watchers. I also keep a list of foods that I eat often (with point values) as an easy go to so I don't need to look stuff up all the time. :)

Keep up the great work!!

Seth said...

Awesome list. I'm glad that you made one. It's great to know why you are doing it and know that you can enjoy it!

MaryFran said...

Great list! I have to concur with number two...that would be my favorite one for myself also! but your number three...liking to go to the gym. I am so shocked because I thought I hated it...but this week I've been unable to go (medical reasons) and low and behold I'm chomping at the bit to get there!

Diane Fit to the Finish said...

I think that writing down your food - especially in the beginning is so vital. It helps you be accountable, even if you are the only one seeing the numbers!