Thursday, April 15, 2010

Thanks for the Motivation



When I started blogging I never imagined how much motivation and inspiration that I would gain from reading other blogs. Every morning I read the new posts on my blog list and I think...wow...I am not alone in this. lots of others are doing this too. DOING this!! Not just talking about it, but losing the weight and getting healthy and strong. It inspires me everyday and I just wanted to say THANKS for sharing and THANKS for encouraging me on my journey, too.


Today I went to a baby shower at Red Robin. I was running a little late and by the time I got there all of the chairs were taken and there were only a couple of booth spots left where everyone was sort of crowded together. oh, boy. Where the heck was I going to sit? These are the moments that I cannot WAIT to not have to deal with. I felt so uncomfortable because it can be a tight fit for me in a booth. Some are better than others, but at RR in some of their booths, my tummy touches the table. It just makes me feel really self conscious. Anyways, I sat. I ate(ensanada platter w/one chicken breast). I had fun. :) But, as I was scooting my way out after lunch I thought, you know what? It's ok that I feel uncomfortable. I want to acknowledge this feeling and think about it the next time I am tempted to go back to my old habits(eating too much and not exercising).

Oh, and I jogged/ran tonight!! Just once around the track, but for me that was huge. I could barely breathe when I was done, no kidding, it scared me a little. I did it! Didn't think I could and almost didn't, but I DID! And I am planning on going again on Saturday.
**Thanks to Keelie at REAL FAT for her post today that inspired me to try.**

Hope you all have a great Thursday!

3 comments:

Seth said...

way to go on the jogging. I hadn't check my google reader yet, but I saw you comment on another blog and was coming over to give you some encouragement for the jog...guess I missed it. Congratulations on your NSV

MaryFran said...

Wooo hooo hooo on your jogging!! That is HUGE! Keep up the good work!

When I had reached goal, I literally started crying at an amusement park...because I could ride ANY ride without worrying about fitting!!!

Reese said...

Thanks Seth and Mary Fran!

MF- I bet that was an awesome feeling! :)