Friday, April 16, 2010

Finally Friday!



At the gym yesterday:
I usually walk at 3.1 on the treadmill and I really wanted to try adding in some intervals of jogging. Last time I tried jogging on the treadmill I did not last even two minutes. It hurt/burned so bad. Yesterday I pushed past that burn and forced myself. Every five minutes I switched from 3.1 to 4.1 (4.1 has me jogging)and I would stay there for two minutes and then back down to 3.1. The machine shook(is this normal? because it was kind of embarrassing how loud it was), my legs, lungs and hips burned, my head hurt. But, I lasted for an hour! It was a decent workout :)


It is a beautiful day here and in about 20 minutes I am meeting with a friend to walk a trail in town. I am aiming to do the same thing as I did yesterday on the treadmill. I am hoping my friend will be game! I think I will enjoy it more outside...at least the treadmill won't sound like it is going to explode! HA!

Hope you all have a good weekend! :)

2 comments:

Ashley said...

The treadmill always shakes for me too, but I'm not sure if it's normal or not. Great job on the running!

Seth said...

great job!